You are here: Home / El Capitan 101: Mac OS X Support Essentials
Upcoming Course Dates
14th-16th September5th-7th October17th-19th October2nd-4th November
El Capitan 101: Mac OS X Support Essentials
OS X El Capitan Support Essentials is a three-day, hands-on course that provides an in-depth exploration of troubleshooting on OS X El Capitan. This course is designed to give students a tour of the breadth of OS X El Capitan and the best methods for effectively supporting users of OS X El Capitan systems. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
Who Should Attend?
• Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians, and other who support Mac users.
• Technical support personnel in businesses that use Mac computers.
• Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running OS X - such as teacher and technology specialists who manage networks or computer labs.
What You'll Learn?
• The troubleshooting process and how to use tools and resources.
• Features and functionality of OS X El Capitan, including how to find more information.
• How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.11 certification.
• Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation.
Demonstrate your knowledge by passing the OS X Support Essentials exam and earning Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) certification. This exam is available at an extra £85+VAT.
How Do I Book?
To book a training course, please call our Training Coordinator on 0117 922 5661 or alternatively send an email to email@example.com
Course Duration: 3 Days
Part 1: Installation and Configuration
• Install OS X El Capitan
• Setup and configuration
• OS X recovery
• OS X software updates
Part 2: User Accounts
• User accounts
• User home folders
• System security
• Keychain management
Part 3: File Systems
• File systems and storage
• FileVault 2
• Permissions and sharing
• File system troubleshooting
Part 4: Data Management
• Hidden items and shortcuts
• System resources
• Metadata and Spotlight
• File archives
• Time Machine
Part 5: Applications and Processes
• Application installation
• Document management
• Application management and troubleshooting
Part 6: Network Configuration
• Network essentials
• Advanced network configuration
• Network troubleshooting
Part 7: Network Services
• Network services
• Host sharing and personal firewall
Part 8: System Management
• Peripherals and drivers
• Print and scan
• System troubleshooting