The personal information we collect and how we use it
We store and use your name, address, email address, telephone number in order to carry out various tasks within our organisation through our stores, service centres, website and online portals.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask you for your permission before collecting any personal data.
As a data subject, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing;
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling;
- Right to judicial review: you are authorised to bring a proceeding before a national court if you consider that your rights have been infringed as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data us.
In this section, we will further inform you about how and why we use your personal data.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your personal data
We will store and use the personal data you provide in a manner compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will strive to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Why do we need to collect and store your data?
In order to provide you with our products and services we need to collect personal data for correspondence, audit and accounting purposes. We are always committed to ensuring that the information we collect is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
We will reach out to you for additional consent, should we plan to contact you for marketing purposes.
Are we sharing your personal data with third-parties?
Any third-party that we may share your data with is obliged to keep your personal data securely, and to use it only to fulfil the service they provide on our behalf (such as online store transactions, finance applications and service repairs). When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our retention procedures.
Western Computer make certain personal information available to third party partners that work with us to provide products, services and marketing communications. For example, if a customer places an order through our online store, a name, address and email address will be shared with our distributor. If you follow a link from our website to an external site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services before entering in personal data.
We share personal data with the following third parties:
- Apple: For product servicing and education discounts.
- Tech Data (Apple U.K. Distributor): For the processing of orders. This includes transactions made through our online store.
- V12 Finance: For finance applications processed in store.
- Klarna Finance: For finance applications processed in store.
- Brace Creative Agency (website and online store developers): For online store transactions.
- HMRC: To comply with U.K. taxation and accounting regulations.
Western Computer will not share your data with any other third-parties. Unless we are legally obliged to do otherwise, we will always contact you for your consent, regarding sharing your personal data to third-parties.
Can you find out what personal data we hold about you?
You are entitled to know what information we hold about you, therefore, we will at your request confirm what personal data we hold and how it is processed.
What are you entitled to request if we hold your personal data?
If we hold any personal data about you, you can request following:
- Information about the purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing;
- Information about categories of personal data collected, stored and processed;
- Information about any third-person service providers we disclosed/planning to disclose your personal data to;
- Information about safeguards we have provided for transferring your personal data to a third country;
- Information about how long we plan to keep your data;
- Information about the source of the data (if you are not sure data was collected directly from you).
Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Online Store and Payment Gateway Services
Payment information entered our online store will be provided directly to SagePay. Any information being entered when transacting at our online store will be encrypted using SSL technology. All online store accounts will also require a password.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you have purchased goods or services from us, we will retain your data in accordance with HMRC accounting regulations. If you request a quotation from us, your information will be deleted after 90 days. Service information will be retained for 6 years in order to provide the service history of your product if required.
In using our services online and in store, you confirm that you have read and consented to this Policy and verify that you are over the age of 13.
Email marketing information
We will only send you email marketing communications if you have given us your consent to do so. If you no longer wish to receive email marketing communications, click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the footer of one of our emails. Please note that if you have provided us with your email address to book in a device at one of our service centres or if you have requested a digital receipt, your email address will remain on our internal systems to provide you with updates on your repair or to send you a digital receipt in the future.
Additional information and how to contact us
If you would like to update your records, see a copy of the information that we hold about you or if you have any questions that we have not covered in our policy, please contact us at Data Protection Officer, Western Computer Group, Suite 111-112, Eagle Tower, Montpellier Drive, Cheltenham, GL50 1TA or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide a copy of proof of identification before we can share any information (this must be a passport or identity card). Please do not send us any original documentation as we will be unable to return them. Requests can take up to 28 days to receive a response from the date it is received.
If you are dissatisfied with the way your personal data is being processed, you can lodge a complaint to the ICO by calling 0303 123 1113.
www.western.co.uk is brought to you by Western Computer Group Limited, a company incorporated and registered under company number 1850885. VAT No: 329014674.