There are some specific exclusions from the guarantee:
• Repair costs caused by external factors, such as computer viruses, malfunctioning software (including the operating system), theft, accidental or deliberate damage, for example if the product is dropped or has liquid spilt onto it.
• Depleted or consumed batteries.
• Cosmetic items, such as scratches, dents, corrosion or discolouration.
• Any consequential loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss or replacement value over and above the purchase price of the original item.
• Recovery or compensation for data loss.
• Issues that have resulted from the failure to follow the manufacturers operating instructions.
• Shipping or transportation costs. Please note, products must be returned to a Western Computer store. We are unable to collect or return directly to a customer’s address.
• Devices used commercially or purchased by a business or institution.
• Ex-demonstration devices that are purchased in store.
• Any work carried out by a 3rd party company cannot be charged back to Western Computer. Work carried out by a non Apple Authorised Service Provider will invalidate the guarantee. All faults must be reported and returned to Western Computer directly.
• Free telephone technical support is not included in this guarantee. If you require assistance, please visit your nearest Western Computer store. In-store support is available upon request.
• After the first year, storage devices (such as hard drives or solid state drives), external power chargers and cables are excluded from the Western Computer guarantee but may be covered by EU consumer law.
The guarantee is non-transferrable and provides services for goods bought and used in the UK only. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.