macOS Support and Server Essentials 10.12
£1,950.00 + VAT
About macOS Support and Server Essentials 10.12
macOS Support Essentials 10.12 is a three-day course that gives you a tour of macOS Sierra and describes the best ways to support macOS Sierra users.
Upcoming Course Dates
- Course information
macOS Support and Server Essentials Bootcamp 10.12 (Sierra 101 and 201)
macOS Support Essentials 10.12 is a three-day course that gives you a tour of macOS Sierra and describes the best ways to support macOS Sierra users. The course includes lectures and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience. The course takes you deep inside macOS Sierra, offering in-depth, step-by-step guidance on everything from installing and configuring Sierra to managing networks and system administration. Through practical, hands-on lessons, you'll learn how to set up users, configure system preferences, manage security and permissions, use diagnostic and repair tools, troubleshoot peripheral devices, and more: all you need to professionally support macOS Sierra and systematically prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.12 certification or recertification.
This course also gives technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses macOS Server for Sierra. Students learn how to install and configure macOS Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, web, and wikis. Tools for efficiently deploying and managing macOS are also covered. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
Who Should Attend?
• People who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS
• People who support Mac users
• Help desk specialists, technical coordinators
• Entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using macOS Server
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of the macOS Support and Server Essentials Bootcamp 10.12 (Sierra 101 and 201) course, students will be able to:
• Use macOS Sierra tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Sierra
• Understand macOS Sierra features and functionality, including how to find more information about macOS Sierra
• Prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.12 certification
• Understand the features and functionality of macOS Server for Sierra
• Configure essential services on macOS Server for Sierra
• Use macOS Server tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
• Use macOS Server to manage a small network of Mac computers and users
• Manage access to files and services
• macOS knowledge
• Basic computer navigation skills
• Experience with macOS in a network environment
Demonstrate your knowledge by passing the macOS Support Essentials exam and earning Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) certification. This exam is available at an extra £210+VAT.
How Do I Book?
To book a training course, please call our Training Coordinator on 0117 922 5661 or alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Duration: 5 Days
macOS Support Essentials (Sierra 101)
Part 1: Installation and Configuration
• Install macOS Sierra.
• Setup and Configure macOS Reference.
• Use macOS Recovery.
• Update macOS Software.
Part 2: User Accounts
• Manage User Accounts.
• Manage User Home Folders.
• Manage Security and Privacy.
• Manage User Account Passwords.
Part 3: File Systems
• Manage File Systems and Storage.
• Manage FileVault.
• Manage Permissions and Sharing.
• Use Hidden Items, Shortcuts, and File Archives.
Part 4: Data Management
• Manage System Resources.
• Use Metadata and File Search Technologies.
• Manage Time Machine.
• Install Applications.
Part 5: Applications and Processes
• Manage documents
• Manage and Troubleshoot Applications
• Manage Basic Network Settings
Part 6: Network Configuration
• Manage Advanced Network Settings
• Troubleshooting Network Issues
• Manage Network Services
Part 7: Network Services
• Manage Host Sharing and Personal Firewall
• Troubleshoot Peripherals
Part 8: System Management
• Manage Printers and Scanners
• Troubleshoot startup and System Issues
• System Troubleshooting.
macOS Server Essentials (Sierra 201)
Part 1: Configuring and Monitoring OS X Server
• Installing macOS Server.
• Providing DNS.
• Exploring the Server app.
• Backing up macOS Server.
Part 2: Configuring Accounts
• Managing Users and Groups.
• Configuring Open Directory services.
Part 3: Managing Devices with Configuration Profiles
• Configuring macOS Server to provide device management.
• Managing macOS and iOS devices with Profile Manager.
Part 4: Sharing Files
• Configuring the File Sharing Service.
• Defining File Access.
Part 5: Implementing Deployment Solutions
• Leveraging NetInstall.
• Creating and deploying macOS images.
• Caching Content from Apple.
Part 6: Providing Network Services
• Offering Time Machine Network Backup.
• Providing DHCP and VPN services.
• Hosting Websites and Wikis.