Mac OS X: Introduction to Mac OS X
On completion of the course, delegates should be able to easily negotiate their away around the Mac and understand how to organise and retrieve files, print documents, access the internet, add devices and configure their Mac as required. This course is suitable for rank beginners as well as people migrating from other operating systems who need to get up to speed quickly.
It starts with a tour of the hardware, followed by the interface: menus, Finder, and Dock, so you can start using files, folders, and apps. He then shows how to save files and find them again quickly, as well as use the core applications that come bundled with Yosemite (Mail, Calendar, iMessage, iTunes, and Safari), and install new apps from the Apple Store. Finally, the course explores sharing over a network, and backing up your system, manually or with Time Machine, so you don’t lose any important data.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at people migrating to Macs from a PC, or to people for whom this is their first computer.
What You'll Learn
• An overview of the basic hardware components.
• Understanding what the Operating System does.
• The Finder. Browsing file folders with Finder
• Creating, copying, moving, and renaming files and folders
• Organising your desktop and using folders to set up a filing system.
• The Dock. Launching and quitting applications from the Dock
• System Preferences
• Using Dashboard Widgets and Mission Control
• Saving and searching
• Using iTunes, QuickTime, and Maps
• Installing applications from the App Store
• Using fonts.
• Formatting and organising storage devices.
• Using Safari to browse the Internet.
• Accessing email.
• Customising the Macintosh.
• Quick View.
• Installing from a Disk Image.
• Launching and working with applications
• Backing up with Time Machine
• Configuring wireless Bluetooth input devices
• Staying current with Software Update
• Accessing and using the App store.
• No prior knowledge is assumed or necessary
How Do I Book?
To book a training course, please call our Training Coordinator on 0117 922 5661 or alternatively send an email to email@example.com